Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Have a beautiful day with free falafel on the side!

Taking a break from the overwhelming data matching that Im doing, I went to the canteen to buy food.  Climbing the 110 steps from my office to the canteen seems like a punishment because of my sore muscles from yesterday's kickboxing class. 

I went to the middle eastern stall to buy myself some nice warm kebab wrap.  The crew was chatting with a customer while waiting for her fries to be ready. The lady seems to be a regular customer and was showing her children's photo to the crew.  The lady also ordered kebab wrap and the crew added extra kebab on her plate.  I was wishing she would do the same to me.

After serving her, the crew asked what my order was. I said kebab wrap.  She prepared the wrap and tossed some fries on the deep frier, politely apologizing for it may take a minute for the fries to cook.  I said it's not a problem.  I thought to myself this is a nice crew: she smiles to the customers, chats with them and apologizes for the delay even if she didnt have to.  At the back of my mind, I was still hoping she would also put some extra kebab on my plate.

When my fries was done, she prepared my food for takeaway and asked me if Id like to put some sauce on it. I said I wanted chili sauce on a separate container.  When she handed the food to me, she placed a falafel on my plate saying "why dont you try our falafel maam?".  I was surprised and thanked her.



It was not just the free falafel. Or the good customer service.  It's also about making someone's day brighter by doing something extra nice.

This is a good day :)

No comments: