Sunday, December 14, 2014

Scent and taste of Christmas

Christmas tradition back home, aside from the simbang gabi, tiring gift hunting, monstrous traffic, countless parties, and reunions/meet-ups for lunch/dinner, is characterised by a quest to have that Starbucks planner.  So once December sets in and once Starbucks starts to serve their drinks in that red cup, yuppies would start to frequent the store more often to have their coffee binge, excited about collecting 20 or so stickers in exchange of a planner.

I was part of that culture too.  And silly as it may seem, I kinda miss it.  More than the planner, I miss the comfort and familiarity of being with old friends while sipping coffee at a cozy corner in Starbucks after work.

So when I saw this at the pantry the other day, that nostalgic feeling engulfed me.



The coffee wasn't really fantastic but I guess I was after the cherished memories that it's bringing back.


No comments: