Tuesday, April 08, 2008

ooops...i did it again

the first time i did it, i was reading a pocketbook with my earphones neatly tucked in my ears. upon reaching north ave stn, the speakers were blaring with reminders that the first coach is reserved only for senior citizens, pregnant women and those who are traveling with kids. syempre nagbingi-bingihan ako. excuse me but i didnt take that round trip just to get off at north ave and take another risk of not grabbing a good seat for a 30-minute train ride to taft. the guards know this modus operandi so they still have to check the trains for hard-headed passengers like me.

of course i know this too so i pretended like i heard nothing. i was comfortably seated but on my peripheral vision, i was looking at the approaching guard. and he stopped in front of me. still i didnt look up.

guard: maam, for pregnant lang po dito.
me (looking up): pregnant ako (trying hard not to laugh)
guard: pregnant kayo? (nakangising aso)
me (seryoso look): oo
guard: (no more dialogue; walked away na nakangising aso)
me: whew! (mukhang i still have to work on my lying skills hehe)

then last friday, i did it again. but this time, i was pretending to be asleep, still with earphones tucked in my ears. upon reaching north ave, the guard was waking me up (mahirap gisingin ang taong gising)

guard: maam, maam, last station na po.
me: kunwari kakagising
guard: maam san po kayo?
me: taft
guard: maam san po kayo sumakay?
me: cubao
guard: maam dun po sa kabila yung sakayan
me: para sa pregnant to di ba?
guard: aah, pregnant ba kayo?
me: (tingin ng masama sa guard)

then the guard walked away.

grabe, im getting used to this. i wonder what other alibis or antics could i use next time. hehe

No comments: