Friday, December 10, 2010

budget trip series

needless to say, im a budget traveller. as a kid, i remember being fascinated by the globe that we had at school and wondered if i could go to other parts of that sphere we call the earth.

ask any of my close friends and they would know that one of my dreams is to join amazing race. i would gladly sleep in airports, eat bugs in thailand, bungee jump from kawarau bridge in new zealand despite my little fear of heights or fly an airplane and do a 360 degree turn in the sky (thats my favorite challenge so far) just to see the world for free. kaya lang hindi ako marunong lumangoy at magdrive and my back is not designed to carry a 70L backpack so i think ill pass up on that one.

had i been born with a silver spoon in my mouth, i swear, my passport would have been filled with stamps from various immigration ports. but i was born with a wooden one so i had to be resourceful and creative in living out my plan. gone are the days when travelling was just for the aristocrats. now, even the penniless such as me can go see other places.

visiting places on a tight budget is fun and tiring at the same time. fun because you get to learn a lot about the place even before you even set foot on it. tiring because you have to spend countless hours on the net searching for that decent yet cheap place to stay and dine instead of just calling your travel agent to do the job for you. but im not complaining. its really just a matter of perspective

backpackers would say that the best tips they get is from locals and fellow backpackers. at syempre, budget travellers would know the best way to travel from fellow budget travellers. hence, the succeeding posts (unless i fall asleep).

No comments: