Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A short letter to Mang Lauro

Dear Mang Lauro,

When I read the news earlier, I didnt know what to feel. But I want to let you know that I admire your strength in dealing with this struggle. Although I can see you crying on TV because of the SC's decision, I still think that your years of relentless quest for justice is a very courageous act. I know the pain of losing a family member so I know how hard it must be for you to deal with your pain while at the same dealing with the tiring and frustrating process of finding out who the perpetrators are. You inspire other victims of senseless crimes to rely in the justice system (no matter how rotten it seems to be) instead of putting matters into your own hands. It is just unfortunate that after many years, the battle didnt have a good ending.

Mang Lauro, Im just one of the many Filipinos who empathize with you. I do not know when or how but I pray that one day, you will find the justice that you seek. Even if in case you wont find human justice in your lifetime, you are right, God will grant justice in heaven.

Please take care of yourself. I dont know if it can ease the pain but please accept my hug for you.

Me

No comments: