Saturday, August 10, 2013

Marysville, Victoria

Today, we drove an hour to Marysville, sort of a base town for Lake Mountain which we are going to visit tomorrow.

I enjoyed the drive, seeing a bit of the Australian countryside.  It looks a bit similar to New Zealand.  The cows are healthy and sheeps have thick wool. We saw a lot of wineries too! I learned that one of them was was the famous Yarra Valley.






Marysville is a small and sleepy town.  Almost similar to Devonport except that it is not an island.  The town proper itself has just a few shops!  I saw two shops that rents out/sells snow clothings and accessories, and toboggan and ski equipment.  We rented our stuff at Crosscountry Ski Hire.  The adult package which consists of overpants, boots and toboggan costs $21.  We bought snow gloves for $5 a pair.  We also bought an entry ticket for $41 per car (max of 8 passengers), which is cheaper since the ticket at the entrance costs $51 and way way cheaper if you compare it to the snow bus which costs about $30 per passenger.


I stayed at Marysville Caravan and Holiday park for tonight.  For $60, I had my own room, toilet, fridge, TV, microwave and tea and toast making facilities.  And the bed had a bed warmer.  There's a few family cabin in the area.  Some families even opted to stay in their tents.   It might have been a cold night for them.














The warmer worked. I was sweating by the middle of the night.  But the air conditioner/heater was noisy!  It automatically shuts down and turns on when it reaches a certain temperature.  And the noise that it makes would really wake you up!  In the end, I just switched it off to and I was glad that this tropical kid survived the cold night with just a bed warmer. 





No comments: