Sunday, January 03, 2016

2015 and 2016

2015 went by so fast. I felt like I wasnt ready when it started.  You know that feeling when you board a bus and still looking for a seat but the driver has already stepped on the accelerator so you just grab on whatever you can hold on to to keep your balance?  That was 2015 for me.

It was a year of firsts.  Of personal milestones.  Of losing a loved one.  Of traveling alone.  Of a fleeting romance. 

2015 taught me lessons to be courageous to face life head on and being courageous enough also to ask for help if you need one.  Of letting go. Of closing chapters and starting new ones.

As 2016 starts, I remind myself that new memories should be made.  Keep old ones but know that they are and will remain that way, memories.  We'll never be able to relive them.  Yes they were good and sometimes, we dont want to try again because we're just so afraid that we cant top those.  So receiving the gift of life for each new day should be thanked with new memories.




No comments: