Saturday, February 25, 2017

Day 94: Gardens by the Bay

My macbook was sick for 2 weeks and was confined in the mac hospital for a couple of days.  It had liquid in its lungs. I was sad when the possibility of losing it hit me but it's a good thing that apparently, the motherboard was ok and it just had an episode of power trip. 

Anyway, the past two weeks have been intense.  We started with the tempo runs, from doing just a 5-min tempo in a 50-minute routine to a 15-minute alternative tempo run in a routine of 5 walk, 5 er and 5 tr.  Tempo running is exhausting. We are not even sure if we're doing it properly.  Should we do TR for the whole 5km or just parts of it?  I need to talk to someone. 

Last Saturday, we also did  a 14km run.  We ran from home all the way to Makansutra, around the Marina Bay area and back home. We were too tired though so we stopped running along Lavender and walked the rest of the way home instead. That day, I reached my record # of steps. 37,000 steps.

Early morning view of the water 
my highest number of steps
Today, we went to do the same route but fell short.  We started an hour late.  The run towards Marina Bay was ok.  We even went to Gardens by the Bay and Marina Barrage before running the entire Marina Bay area.  By the time we were done, it was too hot to run/walk back home so we just took the bus.  

Because the view was beautiful


Today, I clocked in 27,000 steps. And a slightly sore knee.

It's barely over a month before race day!

No comments: