Sunday, March 05, 2017

Day 101 : The longest run

So today, we clocked in the longest distance that we have ran for this training.  My phone says it's 14.9km.  M's says it's 17km.  But regardless of what the phone says, today's training was the most intense.

So we ran our usual route - Home - Kallang River - F1 - Gardens by the Bay - Marina Barrange - MBS - OUE and this time, adding Boat Quay - back to Parliament House - ACM - Esplanade - Merlion and Back to the OUE side.  We did a bit of stretching before the drizzling became rainshowers.

Newater Day at the barrage. The government is on a massive campaign to educate people about the value of water and encourage water conservation

A church bell tolls in the middle of the CBD
We had breakfast at Lau Pa Sat before heading to Fitness First for the running workshop.

In the workshop, we learned where the knee pain comes from. Apparently, it's not the knee itself that has the problem but muscles below and above it causes it to ache.    And I learned that my toes tend to go outwards whenever I ran which may be a reason for my knee pains.  Misaligned nerves and muscles.  Post run stretches were also taught, which I think is helpful for reducing my post-run knee pain.

Anyway, I also have to say that even after the long run that we had, we still had to run on the threadmill.  That's additional 3km to what we did outside.  Insane.

The workshop is in FF so M and I took advantage of the services. We were there anyway.  And it was a big help since I was meeting my friends after that.  We went to the Sauna then transferred to the steam room which was heavenly.  If I am a FF member, I'd probably hang out in that room very often.

While walking from FF to the MRT station, we realized that we had been actively walking/running for 6 hours already and didnt feel exhausted at all.   It's amazing. It helps I guess that we started early and it was cloudy.  No hot and exhausting sun rays.

Friends from PAL and my stinky running singlet whose sweat wicking and fast drying properties amazed me. Imagine a soaked singlet drying after 30 minutes even after being left inside a cabinet in an airconditioned bathroom. Clothing technology people, hail!
For lunch, I wanted to eat healthy (I dont know why but after running and yoga, I usually crave for clean tasting food) but the Vietnamese place where we were supposed to go was no longer there so we went for Japanese instead. Now this is Japanese food so temptation for a bit of fat is very high.  I gave in.  I had ramen and Tonkatsu. I even wanted the fatty tonkatsu but was given a lean portion instead. Oh well.

Most number of steps.  Even I have to admit that this is pretty intense
And the longest distance that Ive conquered.  Friends from lunch were coaxing me to do a full marathon instead.  Let's see.  Doing 21 seems very difficult months ago but is pretty doable now.  Maybe it's going to be the same for a full marathon.

And this is what I had for dinner.

Palak paneer and Naan.  It would have been perfect with a cup of masala tea


No comments: