Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Life in the Time of COVID-19: Im Officially a U of C Student!

U of C entrance (grabbed from Google)


So I'm officially returning to graduate school this fall! I won't be seeing the maple leaves turn yellow or red or brown though since all classes will be web-based.  Instead, I will be a night owl, attending classes at midnight until the wee hours of the morning. 

The application and acceptance process was pretty straightforward. It was COVID that was not. Just like any other aspect of our lives that was affected by COVID, my return to grad school became precarious because of lockdowns.  Universities and government offices were closed so I could not process the documents that I need.  Fortunately, the University of Calgary is very accommodating so they allowed me to enroll even without receiving my transcript straight from UP yet. 

So today, finally, I'm officially enrolled! 4 modules, 4 days of classes, 14-hour time difference and 8,000+ miles apart. 

Next, work on that student visa. 


No comments: