Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Beauty

http://youtu.be/litXW91UauE

I've seen this in Facebook a few months back but I didnt click it thinking it was just another one of those beauty ads.  But I saw it again on Patty Laurel's blog and I clicked it.  And Im glad I did.

Yes, we have to remember that we are all beautiful. And yes, it's a marketing campaign but I really admire Dove's campaigns on beauty.  I remember they had another one about the color of the skin, and the weight of the person. And now, our own perception versus that of another's person.  Of course this does not apply to everyone.  Some people may be confident about how they look, about how they are as a person.  But yeah, I think this social experiment brought up what many women are struggling with, the confidence in their appearance, and the confidence in themselves.

Thanks Dove.

No comments: