Saturday, September 05, 2020

Hello

 I have been attending orientation sessions for new students for the past few weeks and this week has been the busiest so far with almost daily sessions of knowing the students in the department, knowing people in the department, and knowing international students from different departments in UCalgary. 

Today, I woke up at 8am to join a social event organized by the Soci graduate students. The group played a game of jeopardy, with drinks on hand.I just woke up at that time so my brain was still a bit foggy. I had a couple of errors (ooops) - quanti/quali error was a result of not reading the question properly, ninja turles was simply me guessing and not knowing the answer really, and the t-test - I still feel that our answer was correct since the question specially said measuring differences in means, not variance. But oh well, like what Carieta said, we're not sore losers. I think Sg's competitive spirit is rubbing on me. 

 The senior cohort seem to have good dynamics judging by the way they throw banter at each other. I am excited and nervous at the same time to be part of this group. 

Some of the graduate students in the department enjoying a game of Jeopardy


No comments: