Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Good Customer Service

If there is an award for being the most pleasant canteen crew at NUS, I will definitely vote for the Middle Eastern stall team at The Terrace (Biz).  More than being efficient, I think their charm lies in their ability to make you feel that you’re not just another customer; rather, you’re THE CUSTOMER when they’re attending to you.  What do I mean?  Now that Im writing about it, I find it difficult to explain...

Maybe it’s the unhurried  way they talk to you?  The way they say Ma’am?  The way they engage in small talks?  The way they politely inform you that heating your bread will make it tough but if you insist, they will heat it for you and remind you to try eating it immediately before it becomes tough? Or the act of giving you a free falafel to try, perhaps?  Or maybe the smile they give you?  I don’t know.  I just know that buying from that stall is always a pleasant experience.

No comments: