Saturday, March 01, 2014

Solitary happiness

I went to school for the health screening exercise today.  As usual, everything was so efficient.  The entire process was done in 30 minutes.  I was planning to go to the library after that, to finish the book that I was reading which is very engaging by the way, but the UT bus came so I opted to go to UTown instead.

I ordered a plate of Nasi Lemak and a cup of coffee and sat down at one of the wooden tables by the edge of the canteen.  That's my favorite spot.  At first, the sun was hiding behind the clouds, occasionally coming out giving a nice warm glow.

Breakfast scene
I savored my breakfast.  I spent about 45 minutes eating it while appreciating the beauty right before my eyes - a wide patch of green field.  It seemed so inviting to go in the middle, lie down and gaze at the sky...or close your eyes and just feel the grass underneath.  But there were sprinklers.  Maybe I'll just go to the other side of the field and sit on one of the lounge chairs there.

Ultimate people
A couple started playing ultimate.  After a few throws, one girl joined in.  This is one of the things that fascinates me with sports.  It's porous, so welcoming, even for strangers.  And then another guy joined in.  Eventually, there were ten of them playing.  I dont know how to play that sport.  It seemed that there are many different rules.  One time they were just tossing the "plate" at each other.  Another time, they were grouped in twos.  And then there was one in the middle. Seemed like an interesting game.

The Malay auntie sitting two tables in front approached me and asked me to help her adjust her phone settings.  When her son calls, she cant hear it.  She's like my mother, she doesnt know how to tinker her phone :)

The sun is shining brighter now.  Im gonna stay here for a bit and read.

I finished reading "And the mountains echoed" at 1230.  By that time, those playing ultimate came into the canteen for lunch.


No comments: