Saturday, April 22, 2017

Ang Pagbabalik ng UPAAS Bakunawa and other adventures

UPAAS with Motley Crew
We had our first practice today with the Motley Crew at Passion Wave.  Compared with the past years, more and more people are joining us this year.  Although I myself could not join the actual competition, Im still excited to join the practice sessions. I enjoy paddling.

Almost half of the boat are first time paddlers and right handed so I tried left hand paddling.  It was tough and waist breaking (if there is such a term).  Compared with rich-hand paddling which was kind of intuitive, left-hand paddling is kinda awkward for me resulting to me being rigid.

Our coach was very particular about the form so we spent more than an hour on that.  I think we only paddled continuously for more than 30 minutes but my sides were already aching by the end of the session.

Saturday at Marina Bay is busy with many teams practicing.  There was the FDS boat, Gaelic dragons, and Canadian dragons.  If only I have the time, I would love to paddle regularly.

After the practice, we had balut at Kontiki.  One of P and D's Filipino friends who are working at Kontiki brough back balut from the Philippines.  D tried it but didnt finish the entire embryo.  We on the other hand ate semi-frozen balut.  It was weird.

After the balut adventure, we went to LP for bulalo and halo-halo.  Bulalo at Inasal was actually good.  They serve 3 rice but it's good for 4 people.

Since we're all full, we decided to walk home. McR stays at Newton and M and S both can catch the MRT at Newton or Novena so we all walked. We wanted to see the GOT exhibit at Newton but the gallery was already closed.  We were in our Tai tai mood that night.

On our way out, we saw an adult shop and went inside giggling.  I think no one was clueless as to what we're going to see inside but I was still surprised to see so many things.  I didnt realize that vibrators are expensive.  And I was amazed to see a replica of the female organ.  It looked so real!  There were sex card games, sexy underwears, different kinds of rings, etc.  Needless to say, we were still giggling when we got out.

the tai tai wannabes
We also passed by the Indocafe restaurant along Newton.  I had always wanted to go there since I thought it was a coffee shop.  I was surprised to know that it was a fine dining restaurant.  We were so underdressed since we were still in our active wear but we felt like being tai tais that night so we had drinks there.   I had lemongrass which tasted pretty authentic.  M's passion fruit was very good and was my favorite too.  The store closes at 10 but I think we left at half past.  I couldnt help but compare how things are in a high end place.  Instead of telling us that the store is closed as how it usually is, the crew were just observing from a distance.  Of course we were sensitive enough to get the message so we left.

It was an enjoyable Saturday.

No comments: