Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Random triggers of happiness


Iam TA-ing for the Social Research Methods class tomorrow by Dr Feng under our Centre's Training Program.  Browsing through the course materials brings back memories of college and evokes excitement from relearning basic research methods.  The older I get, the more affirmation I get that I do love research and I want to be in this field for a long long time.

my nephew with his precious find

Last January, my sister's family was here for a 3-week holiday.  On some days, we would meet after work and have dinner outside.  One day after dinner at Orchard, when we were on our way out of Ion (I think), my six-year-old nephew suddenly rummaged through his pocket and exclaimed "Oh my goodness, I almost forgot to show you this!", showing me a dime that he saw on the streets.  It was just a dime but the excitement written all over his face for finding something that might have been so alien to him and sharing that excitement with me was both amusing and sweet that remembering it now makes me smile :)



No comments: