Saturday, November 19, 2016

Black day today

The endorphins were working after my run. But things happening back home are just unbelievable.  Marcos was buried at the LNMB at noon today.

Out of curiosity, I tried watching BBM's speech at his father's funeral. Having lost my father, I too was touched for a second seeing the sorrow in his face. But the more I listened to what he was saying, about their family having to wait for 27 years before they could bury him today, my thoughts go to the thousands of people whose loved ones died and never got the chance to say goodbye. It's painful to experience death in the family. But I couldnt imagine the pain of those who have waited for years not knowing what happened to their dear parents, siblings or friends. Even if they have to wait for 27 or maybe even 72 years more, they will never have the chance to see their loved ones again and will never get the justice that they deserve, all because of this person who is being buried at the LNMB today, with all the choppers, red carpet, military parade, and what have yous.
I stopped the video. Hindi ko kaya. F**k. I wish I was in Manila today. 

I copied this from my FB so that I wont forget.  Days like these shouldnt be forgotten. These events force us out of complacency.

No comments: