Sunday, December 18, 2016

Day 26 : early morning cross training and baking

I set the alarm at 5:55am.  I woke up on time and snoozed the alarm. But woke up again so I got up.   I went to the living room to turn on the lights and heard squishy sound of tires from the cars outside. I looked outside the window and there I saw it: IT IS RAINING!  It is clear: NO RUNNING.

I messaged M, told her it is raining and asked if she's awake enough to do yoga instead. She's game so we did yoga and pilates instead for about an hour.

We finished at 7 and since I was already up anyway, I started preparing ingredients for my quiche.

I realized that I didnt have milk, which is an essential ingredient for quiche, so I thought of just blind baking the crust instead.


Obviously, they're burnt.  Looks like I also need to cover the edges so that they wont burn easily.
So I made another batch.  Popped them in the fridge first for about 10 minutes before putting them in the oven.  

I think this time they're perfect.  The first and bottom layers are from the second batch, significanty looking much much better than the ones in the middle, which were from the first batch
It's 945am and Im sleepy.  Oh dear, how am I going to do my run in the mornings this week?  Im afraid I will be perpetually sleepy at work.

The finished product

No comments: