Thursday, December 15, 2016

Simbang Gabi Day 1 : St Mary of the Angels

So Ive decided to go for the 9-day simbang gabi.

Today was at St Mary's of the Angels. There were only two churches today and this was the one closer to work. I was there at 7. There was a long queue outside because a mass was still ongoing inside.

The magnificent choir. They're really good. I like the choices of songs as well as the style of singing. They could reach high notes without belting it out like pop singers. 

This is the usual fellowship after the mass. Lugaw and bread were served. I've already had dinner so I skipped it. The mass ended pretty late too.

My view while walking home. A beautiful full moon hiding beneath the clouds.
Fr Kamil talked about living life with integrity, about using the way you live as a means to convey your values. And that we must not forget the art of living - something which I need to understand more and be reminded of.

No comments: